FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 19, 2022
Pajda Yang: Phone 651-266-8576 | Email Pajda.Yang@ci.stpaul.mn.us
Nhia vang: Phone 651-266-8566 | Email Nhia.Vang@ci.stpaul.mn.us
SAINT PAUL RECOGNIZES THE WINNERS AND FINALISTS OF THE SIXTH ANNUAL BUSINESS AWARDS
Saint Paul has concluded and announces the recipients of the sixth annual Business Awards honoring five outstanding Saint Paul companies
SAINT PAUL (MN) – This day, The Saint Paul City Council announced the winners of the sixth annual Saint Paul Business Awards and will recognize the five winners and finalists and celebrate the efforts of all nominees and other businesses that chose to operate in Saint Paul at the meeting of the Town Hall at 1:00 PM on October 26 followed by a reception. This event is open to the public and everyone is welcome.
The awards recognize local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to the city community, invest in their employees, and are committed to Saint Paul’s values of equity and diversity. Companies are selected for an award in one of five categories based on community nominations.
“We had a great list of nominees this year! I am grateful to everyone who participated in the annual Business Awards, from the organizers to the applicants to the section committee and more,” said Council President Amy Brendmoen. “I look forward to honoring the winners and celebrating the great things happening in our city on October 26.”
“Local businesses are the heart of our neighborhoods. The St. Paul Business Awards give us the opportunity to honor our business owners for the hard work they do every day and thank them for doing business in St. Paul,” said Councilwoman Rebecca Noecker.
The importance of Saint Paul’s business community is evident in the more than 100 businesses that were nominated for a 2022 award. Saint Paul businesses play a critical role in the economic vitality of the City and should be recognized for their resilience and commitment to remain a business partner during the ongoing difficulties of the pandemic that has challenged many companies.
The 2022 award winners and finalists are:
- ABC Realty LLC – Alice O’Brien Award: Honoring a women-owned business committed to equity and empowerment. (Runner-up: in black ink)
- Hmong Village Mall – People’s Choice Award: Honoring a business that is recognized for its excellence by the residents of Saint Paul. (Runner-up: Swedish hollow coffee)
- Mr. Michael Recycles Bikes – Good Neighbor Award: Honoring a business that shows a dedication to bettering the community. (Runner-up: vig guitar)
- NEOO Partners Inc. – New Kid on the Block Award: In honor of a business that has opened in Saint Paul in the last five years. (Runner-up: Just imagine)
- Selby Wines & Spirits Inc. – Traditions Award: In honor of a company that has been active in Saint Paul for at least twenty years. (Runner-up: west side hair care)
The Selection Committee that reviewed the applications and selected the winners was comprised of past winners from the Saint Paul business community. The committee included:
- Abdiwali Ali, Karibu Deli and Grocery Store
- Choua Vang, Golden Harvest Foods
- Kathy Sundberg, GINKGO Cafeteria
- Tameka Jones, Lip Estima LLC
Read about previous award winners and learn more about the categories and criteria at www.stpaul.gov/business-awards. Award winners will be recognized by the City Council at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, City Hall, 15 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN, Council Chambers – Room 300. The event can also be viewed on the City of Saint Paul – Calendar at stpaul.legistar.com or Saint Paul Channel 18.