Hello everyone. Karena Garrity here with her fresh copy of the Avon-Avon Lake Daily. Read on to discover the biggest things happening in the community, including updates on…
- Jobs must be filled!
- The Beautification Awards have been handed out!
- The football season is coming to an end. Who will reach the semi-finals?
But first, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and warm. High: 73 Low: 54.
📢 I am looking for business owners and sellers in Avon-Avon Lake who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Avon-Avon Lake Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are today’s top stories at Avon-Avon Lake:
- Businesses in the Avon-Avon Lake area are looking to fill vacancies on their staff, and we’ve rounded up some of the best local vacancies listed last week. Are you looking for full-time or part-time work? Patch and ZipRecruiter have you covered, with our weekly list of new opportunities close to home. Click on any job title for more information or to apply. (Avon-Avon Lake Patch)
- And the winners have been chosen! The Avon Garden Club recently presented its Beautification Awards. According to cleveland.com, “Ivana Rose took home an award for the landscaping work she did on her condo. She said that people commented on the four very large pots placed in each corner of her garden. She also has a “cozy front porch,” as she calls it, with wicker chairs, ferns, and flower boxes. Her floral preferences include geraniums and black-eyed Susans, as well as other flowers that complement her red wicker porch chairs. Tracy Adams, winner in the category of houses 20 years old or less, He noted that he had to uproot everything in his yard when he bought his house, because the landscaping “wasn’t good.” She planted everything new. “My vice is flowers,” she said. “They bring joy to my heart, and I like to cut them up and pass them on to others, like neighbors and teachers. That’s how it’s shared.” The entire Adams yard, front and back, “is always ready,” she said. She loves the color and adds a little more to her yard every year.” Congratulations to the winners! Keep up the beauty of our community with your flowers! (Cleveland.com)
- Will it happen again? That’s the question on the local football fan list as Thanksgiving weekend approaches and the state semifinals are almost here. According to cleveland.com, “For four of the last five years, Avon and Archbishop Hoban have met in the state semifinals. That could happen again, or the OHSAA could renew their semifinal matchups, should they both make it to Thanksgiving weekend. Avon is seeking a sixth consecutive state semifinal, seeking its first state championship berth since 2011. Hoban has become Northeast Ohio’s most decorated program of the past decade, winning five state crowns since 2015.” We’ll keep you posted! (cleveland.com)
Today at Avon-Avon Lake:
- Avon Lake Democrats Club Meeting (7:00 pm)
From my notebook:
- Avon Lake City Schools: “October is National Principals Month…an opportunity to celebrate and honor our incredible principals for their visionary leadership and tireless pursuit of every student’s success. THANK YOU for all you do for our students, staff and community.” LA community.” (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
- FIDO Rescue Inc. Partner: “Meet Clive! Clive is a 6 year old coonhound mix! Clive is fully vetted, potty trained and working on his crate training and leash manners. Clive loves other dogs and would prefer a playmate relaxed”. (FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc. via Facebook)
- Avon Lake City Schools: “Welcome Moseley! Thanks for brightening up our Mondays at ALHS!” (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Soccer Organization: “The U12 boys celebrate the end of a strong season and a great win over Olmsted Falls today.” (Avon Lake Soccer Organization via Facebook)
- Support Avon Schools: “Congratulations to all of our cheerleaders and coaches!” (Support Avon Schools via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Fight Club: “Sign up for youth wrestling: http://bit.ly/3tGsItj” (Avon Lake Wrestling Club via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Pumpkins and Piranhas SEAsonal Fun Days @CLEAquarium (October 25)
- Pumpkins and Piranhas SEAsonal Fun Days @CLEAquarium (October 26)
- Acrylic painting class | Happy Autumn everyone (October 26)
- First Tee: Cleveland’s 11th Annual Grit, Gratitude and You (Oct. 27)
- Candle Making and Tarot Reading (October 28)
- The Dinner Detective Comedy Murder Mystery Dinner Show (October 28)
- Meals on Wheels Night at the Races (October 29)
- Witches Soirée: Halloween Party (October 29)
- Magic wand making workshop and book of spells (October 30)
- add your event
Alright, you’re good for today! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Karen Garrity
About me: Journalism is in my veins. I’ve been a community reporter for most of the last 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.