Career planning can be complicated and often overwhelming for many as the career landscape is constantly changing. However, career success can be achieved by taking a few simple but effective steps.
Morand says: “61% of college graduates wish they had a different major. College is more expensive than ever; plan ahead how to pay for college without affecting your retirement planning.”
Listen to the interview on the Business Innovators Radio Network:
Here are some of the best tips to help people plan for their career aspirations:
– Make sure you have a clear and achievable career goal in mind. A career goal should represent long-term ambitions, so it’s essential to consider what an individual wants out of their career before diving in.
– Take advantage of available resources and networks: These may include college or university career centers, online job portals, career mentoring programs, and one-on-one counseling sessions with industry professionals.
– Monitor industry trends that could affect your chosen career path. From technological advances to career-related legislation, staying on top of industry changes can help you stay ahead and ensure career aspirations don’t become stale.
– Invest in self-development opportunities, such as career guidance or workshops. These provide valuable information on career planning and how to best achieve career goals while connecting people with others with similar career goals.
– Update the resume regularly: This is a great way to reflect on the career journey and gain perspective on where to go next. Include any relevant new qualifications, certifications, volunteer experience, or other accomplishments so potential employers can quickly identify your skills and talents.
People will be well positioned to achieve their career goals by taking these steps. With proper career planning, people can feel confident and poised for success.
About Jeffrey P Morand
Jeff founded JP Morand & Company based on principles designed to help families build and protect their wealth in preparation for college planning and financially secure retirement. His approach to business is an individually focused vision to help his clients understand all the options that are available to them based on their particular circumstances.
Jeff takes his role as “advisor” very seriously. His mission is to develop a plan tailored to clients’ needs, educate and advise them on a course of action, and help them make an informed decision.
As a “consultant”, Jeff is compensated as such. Compensation is based on advice provided, not on a transactional basis. This assures clients that he is genuinely objective when making recommendations and that he has a vested interest in the success of their financial future and in helping them achieve and maintain their goals. He takes the time to understand the problems and provides practical solutions.
Jeff has assisted clients with their financial decisions since 1980. His success and knowledge in this field have allowed him to teach finance classes at the University of Colorado at Denver and participate as a member of the National Association of College Financing Counselors and the National Association of of financial planners. He has been featured in the Los Angles Times. Jeff has hosted 2 TV shows, ‘The Financial Beacon’ and ‘Making the Most of Your Money’. He has been a guest on KTLA’s Saturday Morning Show talk show and on KIGH Radio. He has earned the professional designation of Registered Financial Consultant from the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants. Jeff is also a member of the National Association of Eagle Scouts.
Jeff’s family is his first priority and he lives with his wife, Lori, in Parker, Colorado. His entire family is very active in his church. His hobbies are golf, camping, traveling and reading.
Jeff provides clients with sound financial advice and a responsive team of professionals who are always available and ready to answer any questions they may have.
Learn more: http://www.CollegeFundingCoach.com
Discover your work personality strengths and best careers
Company name: Huddle Marketing, LLC
Contact person: Mike Saunders, MBA
Email: Send an e-mail