Bryce Young had one of the best college careers by an Alabama quarterback in program history. After taking over as a starter in his sophomore year, Young dominated the competition, setting records and winning the Heisman Trophy in 2021.
Here’s everything you need to know about Bryce Young’s college career.
Bryce Young’s vital signs
Position: attack player
Weight: 194 pounds
Active years: 2020-2022
Here are Bryce Young’s college career stats.
|YEAR||GAMES||COMP.||ATT||COMP. %||PASS YDS||PASS TD||IN T||ATT RUSH||RUSH YDS||TD RUSH|
Always in debt 🖤
*I do not own the rights to this music pic.twitter.com/YSJe2ElS9O
—Bryce Young (@_bryce_young) January 15, 2023
Where did Bryce Young go to college?
Bryce Young, born in Philadelphia before moving to Pasadena, California, attended Alabama. According to 247Sports, Young signed with Alabama through a litany of offers that included Southern California, Auburn and more.
What kind of perspective did Bryce Young have in high school?
Young was a five-star quarterback at Mater Dei High School in Pasadena, California. Young, the first- or second-ranked player in the country according to the recruiting service and the top-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2020. Young finished his high school career with 13,250 passing yards and 152 passing touchdowns while adding 1,084 rushing yards and 26 more scores.
Young was the US Army All-American Bowl Offensive MVP. He was also named the California Gatorade Football Player of the Year, 2019 High School Quarterback of the Year by the National Quarterback Club, Maxwell Offensive Player of the Year and shared the MaxPreps Player of the Year.
Bryce Young to Kody Epps for a 51-yard touchdown run. Mater Dei 7, Juan Bosco 0 in the 1st quarter pic.twitter.com/J1LZnZzKAZ
—Kyle Henderson (@MrKyleHenderson) October 26, 2019
What was Bryce Young’s record in college?
In the 27 games Young played as a starter, Alabama won 24 games. Young’s Tide won the 2021 SEC title and advanced to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game.
— GoatHouseBama (@GoatHouseBama) December 6, 2021
Records set by Bryce Young
Here are some of the notable records and statistical rankings set by Young in college:
- First in passing yards in a season for Alabama (4,872)
- Alabama’s first in single-season passing touchdowns (47)
- First in Alabama career five-touchdown games (5)
- Second in career passing yards at Alabama (8,356)
- Second in career passing touchdowns at Alabama (80)
The mental processing for a QB is enormous. Watch how it unfolds with Bryce Young in this clip.
– Whip route? Not covered.
– Escape through the middle? No. DT closes the gap.
– Improvise, create space, look up, turn your hips and deliver a punch. TD.
All in a matter of seconds. pic.twitter.com/DRlAYr5Tfe
—Kyle Yates (@KyleYNFL) January 12, 2023
What awards did Bryce Young win in college?
These are the awards and honors Young earned in college:
- Sugar Bowl MVP (2022)
- Manning Award Finalist (2022)
- 2nd Team All-American by PFF and USAT (2022)
- 2nd Team All-SEC by AP (2022)
- Heisman Trophy (2021)
- Maxwell Award (2021)
- Davey O’Brien Award (2021)
- Manning Award (2021)
- AP & SN College Football Player of the Year (2021)
- 1st Team All-American by AP, FWAA, PFF, USAT, ESPN, CBS Sports and TSN (2021)
- 2nd Team All-American by AFCA and Walter Camp (2021)
- SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2021)
- 1st Team All-SEC (2021)
— Alabama Football (@AlabamaFTBL) December 12, 2021